Wine and history – Paestum & Taurasi
from€325 / per person
The wine accompanies our meals for many centuries. Even the Greeks loved to dine with an alcoholic drink similar to the current wine. The passage of the Greeks in southern Italy is visible in many world-famous archaeological sites, including Paestum, destination of this wonderful 2 days which includes visits to the temples, 3 visits with tasting in 3 different cellars, two of the Taurasi and one at Paestum, where you can taste typical local products including the famous Buffalo mozzarella. The fee includes 1 breakfast, 2 lunches and 1 dinner at a typical local restaurant.
DeparturePrearranged place (Hotel/Airport/Railway station...)
Departure Time08:00 AM
Return TimeApproximately 08:00 PM
IncludedAccomodationBreakfastDinnerExcursionLunchMedical/baggage insurancePullmanTastingTourist guideVisit wine cellar
Not IncludedAppetizerMuseum visit
- Departure from a prearranged place (Hotel/Airport/Railway station...)
- Arrival to village of area of production of Taurasi DOCG
- Guided tour of one of the local historic wine cellars and explanation of the production’s processes.
- Tasting and explanation of wines and typical local dishes
- Lunch in a restaurant in place
- Tour of another wine cellar in the geographical area of Taurasi DOCG and tasting of the products
- In the late afternoon transfer and accommodation in the hotel, dinner.
- Breakfast in the hotel and check out
- Transfer to Paestum (SA) and visit of archaeological site lunch based on the typical buffalo mozzarella
- Visit of wine cellar in Paestum
- Return in the late afternoon